All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHeart rhythm problems can be a matter of life or death. In this easy-to-read guide, Dr. Todd Cohen provides comprehensive information to help people with heart rhythm problems (arrhythmias) get an accurate diagsis and appropriate treatment. Dr. Cohen tells readers what they need to kw about palpitations, rapid heart rhythms (tachycardias), slow heart rhythms (bradycardias), cardiac arrest, and other conditions related to irregular heartbeats. With the goal of informing and empowering heart patients, Dr. Cohen describes the heart's basic function, the various conditions associated with arrhythmia, and recommended courses of treatment. He discusses such procedures as tilt table testing, electrophysiology studies, catheter ablation, and device implantation (including cardiac monitors, pacemakers, defibrillators, and biventricular devices); explains the essentials of CPR and the use of Automatic External Defibrillators (AEDs); and presents the latest guidelines from the American College of Cardiology, the American Heart Association, and the Heart Rhythm Society. A Patient's Guide to Heart Rhythm Problems will help readers understand * how the heart works and what can go wrong* the tests and other diagstic procedures they may undergo* how their doctor reaches a diagsis* what their diagsis means* how their doctor might treat the problem* when medication alone is sufficient treatment* when pacemaker, defibrillator, or biventricular therapy is appropriate* how to get the best possible medical care-in and out of the hospital Endorsed by the Sudden Cardiac Arrest Association, this essential resource features tables highlighting key information, as well as patient narratives that provide personal insight into arrhythmia tests, treatments, and techlogies.
- Author BiographyTodd J. Cohen, M.D., F.A.C.C., F.H.R.S., is the director of Electrophysiology, director of the Pacemaker-Arrhythmia Center, and director of Advanced EP Technology and Innovations at Winthrop-University Hospital. He is an associate professor of medicine at the State University of New York at Stony Brook, a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology, the author of Practical Electrophysiology, and the inventor of a number of medical devices.
- Author(s)Todd J. Cohen
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication12/11/2010
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Series TitleA Johns Hopkins Press Health Book
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note35, 6 colour illustrations, 29 black & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.03Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.