All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBoth in the academic context and in secondary education, Paul Auster's works enjoy a lasting popularity as study texts from the field of late-twentieth century American fiction. For the interpretation of this author's writings, however, it has proved indispensable to take into account the autobiographical and literary allusions which occur in his books, and the cross-references among them. This volume answers to the need for accurate information by providing detailed material on the allusions and references in Auster's works. Furthermore, the book also contains data on earlier versions of Auster publications (this material was compiled after a study of the velist's original manuscripts) and the most comprehensive bibliography of Auster's writings and criticism of his work to date.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Carsten (Carl) Springer, born in 1965, has studied American Literature, German Literature, and Linguistics at the University of Hamburg, Germany, and carried out research on Paul Auster at Columbia University, New York. His Ph.D. study Crises: The Works of Paul Auster will be published by Peter Lang in early 2001. After having taught at the University of Hamburg, Springer is currently working as a translator and writer.
- Author(s)Carsten Springer
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/01/2001
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight160 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.