All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe official prequel vel of the epic film After Earth, directed by M. Night Shyamalan and starring Jaden Smith and Will Smith After their exodus from Earth, the last humans settled a remote planet, Nova Prime. When an alien force kwn as the Skrel descended from the skies, the United Ranger Corps, an elite defense unit, valiantly resisted. Centuries passed without an attack, and many colonists believed that, with other security measures in place, the resources devoted to maintaining their military strength would be better spent elsewhere. Little did they kw that trouble was coming to Nova Prime and it had a taste for blood. The latest in a long line of decorated warriors, Conner Raige is one of the Rangers most promising young cadets, although his brash confidence and tendency to act on instinct have earned him as many skeptics as admirers. Conner s ancestors were on the front lines of humanity s victory against the Skrel. But when a deadly ground war breaks out, Conner s up against an entirely different beast because, this time, the Skrel have brought a secret weapon: ferocious killing machines designed to eliminate humanity from Nova Prime . . . and the universe. BONUS: Includes the first three vellas of Ghost Stories, the thrilling eBook original prequel series!
- Author BiographyMichael Jan Friedman is the author of nearly seventy books, many of them set in the Star Trek, Aliens, Predator, DC Super Hero, and Marvel Super Hero universes. Eleven of his titles have appeared on the New York Times bestseller list. Friedman has also scripted tales of Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, and the Fantastic Four, and co-wrote the acclaimed second-season Star Trek: Voyager episode Resistance. Robert Greenberger is a veteran writer and editor. His freelance writing career spans fiction and nonfiction. Previously for Random House, he has written The Essential Batman Encyclopedia and Iron Man: Femme Fatales. He makes his home in Connecticut. Peter David s novels include the fantasies Tigerheart, Sir Apropos of Nothing, The Woad to Wuin, Knight Life, and the quirky werewolf story Howling Mad. He is famous for writing some of the most popular original Star Trek: The Next Generation novels, including Imzadi and A Rock and a Hard Place. He collaborated with J. Michael Straczynski on the Babylon 5 novels and comic book series, and with Bill Mumy he created the Nickelodeon television series Space Cases.
- Author(s)Michael Jan Friedman,Peter David,Robert Greenberger
- PublisherDel Rey Books
- Date of Publication30/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleAfter Earth
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDel Rey Books
- Weight263 g
- Width108 mm
- Height189 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTall rack paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $30.15
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.