All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere may t have been any concept of Bar or Bat Mitzvah in 10th century Kiev 'yet, ' but that wouldn't stop the nearly grown children of the Kagan of the Khazars from arranging the appropriate rite of passage and blessing for the changing of the societies around them which they knew-the pagan Vikings, Rus, and Pechenegs surrounding Kiev, the Volga Finnic peoples of the Urals, the eternal Silk Road, Christian Byzantium to the south, the Caucasus Mountaineers, the grassland steppes, the rabbi-scholars of Constantiple and Spain, the Turks arriving from Central Asia, and the Islamic Caliphate of Persia and Baghdad to the East. Each encounter began a new concept and framework for their time-travel adventures.
The garden of the Khazars is a storyteller's paradise, especially during the time that their ruler's family, friends, and associates turned Jewish, and the Kagan of the Khazars got tied up in the belly of a Viking Ship, rescued by his thirteen-year-old son, and his daughter, the teenage, time-traveling Princess Tarbagatay rode between the fourth and tenth centuries with the Queen of the Steppes. Welcome to anthropology through fiction and my series for all storytellers on tall tales of Medieval Khazaria.
Let my first person proto-Bar or Bat Mitzvah gift story book vel, although fiction, guide you through the walkways of anthropology and ethlogy in my Kagan's Kids of Khazaria Time-Travel Adventures, the perfect book for a Mitzvah gift for thirteen to fifteen-year old readers and also for their parents. As an author of multicultural and multiethnic vels that reveal the nuances of anthropology through fiction-stories, vels, and plays-let this vel and the treat that follows be your mentor to open doors to new opportunities, choices, roads, and destinations.
- Author(s)Anne Hart
- PublisherASJA Press
- Date of Publication19/12/2005
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintASJA Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Trade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound,Unsewn / adhesive bound