All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionMemory loss can create problems in every aspect of a person's life. The challenge of communicating thoughts and feelings can be made even harder by other people's negative perceptions of dementia. This book provides practical guidance for coping with progressive memory loss, and includes examples of real people who have faced similar challenges. These stories highlight both good and bad ways to deal with the problems that arise, and are also useful for describing the experiences of memory loss to friends and family. The authors suggest ways of maintaining physical and mental health by staying active and engaged in society. They also offer techniques for improving communication, preserving self-esteem and overcoming the stigma associated with memory loss. A Personal Guide to Living with Progressive Memory Loss offers inspiration and advice for anyone in the early stages of dementia. It also provides useful insight for family and friends who wish to offer support for a loved one affected by progressive memory loss.
- Author BiographySandy Burgener, Ph.D., is Associate Professor at University of Illinois College of Nursing and a certified Gerontological Nurse Practitioner with a clinical and research focus on increasing quality of life for persons with progressive memory loss or dementia. She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Nursing and the Gerontological Society of America Prudence Twigg, Ph.D., is a Visiting Lecturer at Indiana University School of Nursing.
- Author(s)Prudence Twigg,Sandy Burgener
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/10/2007
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight235 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.