All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDo you want to give yourself (and others!) a chance for a more positive sense of self, while at the same time also learn its connection to culture? This book will help you do just that! Grounded in sociological and management research, A Person's Identity and How It Is Shaped by an Asian Culture provides useful tools for anyone seeking to better understand who they are and how the culture in which they were raised helped shape their identity. Though author Dhira Dhiravegin is a citizen of Thailand and focuses his research on Thai social and cultural mores and rms, readers can apply these universal principles to their own unique situation. Delving deep into the meanings and theories of concepts such as ethics and societal values-and the interplay among them-the author addresses some of the most important questions in life and how it should be lived. Not only does he offer an analysis of the ways that culture shapes identity, but he also ackwledges the impediments it raises and offers strategies for overcoming these setbacks. Whoever you are, this book will help you ask important questions about the things that truly matter to people, as well as offering you an opportunity to become a better and happier person - for you.
- Author BiographyDhira Dhiravegin is a PhD candidate at the School of Management at the Asian Institute of Technology in Pathum Thani, Thailand. He graduated from high school in his native country of Thailand before participating in a cultural exchange program that allowed him to pursue higher education in the United States. He received his BS from Montana State University before earning his MBA from Missouri State University. Dhiravegin worked as a business officer in the corporate world for seven years prior to beginning his doctoral work. With a strong interest in culture, management, and psychology, the author has focused his PhD research on business ethics and how they are institutionalized within the context of Thai culture.
- Author(s)Dhira Dhiravegin
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication28/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.97
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.