All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFind out how the holidays of British families have changed dramatically in the past 150 years as foreign travel has become easier, cheaper and more accessible. What were holidays like for Victorian children? This book looks at family holidays through the ages, from days out in the countryside, to British seaside resorts and more modern destinations. The Past in Pictures series gives a fascinating look at life in Britain through the photographs of The National Archives. It looks at past eras; at the way rich and poor families lived, the concept of holidays and leisure time for families and how the role of men, women and children from Victorian times, through two world wars, to modern Britain, have changed.
- Author BiographyAlex Woolf studied history at Essex University, and has written and edited many 20th century history titles for young people.
- Author(s)Alex Woolf
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication26/06/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitlePast in Pictures
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Weight166 g
- Width245 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $234.90Trending at AU $288.63
- AU $30.63Trending at AU $33.87
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $49.59Trending at AU $52.57
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.32
- AU $42.80Trending at AU $47.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.