All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionAs a people whose faith is formed and urished by the Bible's stories of creation and fall, salvation and redemption, Christians hunger to order their lives by the church's story and their own. Our journey to God leads us through the cycle of the church year from Advent and Christmas to Easter and the season called ordinary time as we tell and retell God's story and make it the story we live by. In A Pilgrim People John Westerhoff looks at the gospel texts season by season and relates their teachings t only to Christian life and ministry but to the life cycle of childhood, adolescence, and adulthood. In teaching the lessons of the church year, Westerhoff starts t with Advent but with Holy Week and Easter, which marks the birth of Christian faith and its vision of a dream come true. Commenting briefly on each of the gospel readings for each Sunday, he moves from Eastertide through Ascension and Pentecost, the season after Pentecost, Advent, Christmas, Epiphany, and Lent, offering useful themes for preaching and education. The final chapter incorporates a radical proposal for Christian education to reform the church's organization, worship, education, and outreach.
- Author BiographyJOHN H. WESTERHOFF serves as Theologian-in-Residence at St. Luke's Church in Atlanta, Georgia. Formerly Professor of Theology and Christian Nurture at the Duke Divinity School, he is the author of many books, including Will Our Children Have Faith?, Living the Faith Community, and A People Called Episcopalian.
- Author(s)John H. Westerhoff
- PublisherChurch Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2005
- SubjectChristian Personal Testimonies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChurch Publishing Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight8 g
- Width141 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine186 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.