About this product
- DescriptionLearn from the Five Faiths Project at the Ackland Art Museum. With funding from the Henry Luce Foundation, the Ackland Art Museum welcomed more than thirty professionals - museum directors, curators, educators, scholars, and faith leaders from across America - into a multiyear conversation about how museums might create a common ground for the exploration of art and faith. With candor, Amanda Millay Hughes and Carolyn H. Wood open a window on the inner workings of a museum as it grappled with questions of meaning in the presentation of works of art with sacred content. The text includes more than 80 full color illustrations, essays, and presentations by scholars and museum professionals, as well as practical advice for educators and others interested in teaching and learning about world religions.
- Author BiographyAMANDA MILLAY HUGHES is director of external affairs at the Ackland Art Museum, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. CAROLYN H. WOOD is adjunct associate professor of art at the University of North Carolina
- Author(s)Amanda Millay Hughes,Carolyn H. Wood
- PublisherAckland Art Museum,US
- Date of Publication15/02/2010
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAckland Art Museum,US
- Content Note80 colour illustrations
- Weight1016 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.45Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.82
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $21.49Trending at AU $23.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.