All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Place to Be is the first book to explore migration dynamics and community settlement among Brazilian, Guatemalan, and Mexican immigrants in America's new South. The book adopts a fresh perspective to explore patterns of settlement in Florida, including the outlying areas of Miami and beyond. The stellar contributors from Latin America and the United States address the challenges faced by Lati immigrants, their cultural and religious practices, as well as the strategies used, as they move into areas experiencing recent large-scale immigration. Contributors to this volume include Patricia Fortuny Loret de Mola, Carol Giron Solorza, Silvia Irene Palma, Lucia Ribeiro, Mirian Solis Lizama, Jose Claudio Souza Alves, Timothy J. Steigenga, Manuel A. Vasquez, and Philip J. Williams.
- Author BiographyPHILIP J. WILLIAMS is a professor of political science at the University of Florida and coeditor of Christianity, Social Change, and Globalization in the Americas (Rutgers University Press). TIMOTHY J. STEIGENGA is an associate professor of political science at Florida Atlantic University and coeditor of Conversion of a Continent (Rutgers University Press). MANUEL A. VASQUEZ is an associate professor of religion at the University of Florida and coauthor of Globalizing the Sacred (Rutgers University Press).
- PublisherRutgers University Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2009
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationNew Brunswick, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRutgers University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, maps
- Weight372 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.