All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.65
About this product
- DescriptionYour students need clear, complete answers to their questions about grammar, research, and writing in the social sciences and they often need them at a moment s tice. As their teacher, you are their greatest resource, but you can t be available 24/7. For help with work in class and at home and especially for questions at odd hours, students can turn to A Pocket Style Manual, APA Version.The APA version of A Pocket Style Manual provides help for students writing in disciplines that use APA style: psychology, sociology, ecomics, criminal justice, nursing, education, business, and others. With a focus on APA conventions and practices, examples and models from across the disciplines, and guidelines for integrating and documenting a wide variety of sources, A Pocket Style Manual, APA Version, gives concise, straightforward, and trusted advice for any writing situation.Our newest set of online materials, LaunchPad Solo, provides all the key tools and course-specific content that you need to teach your class. LaunchPad Solo for A Pocket Style Manual includes exercises, sample student writing, and LearningCurve adaptive quizzing. To package LaunchPad Solo free with A Pocket Style Manual, APA Version, use ISBN 978-1-319-05333-8.
- Author BiographyDiana Hacker personally class-tested her handbooks with nearly four thousand students over thirty-five years at Prince George s Community College in Maryland, where she was a member of the English faculty. Hacker handbooks, built on innovation and on a keen understanding of the challenges facing student writers, are the most widely adopted in America. Hacker handbooks, all published by Bedford/St. Martin s, include The Bedford Handbook, Ninth Edition (2014); A Writer s Reference, Eighth Edition (2015); Rules for Writers, Seventh Edition (2012); and A Pocket Style Manual, Seventh Edition (2015).Nancy Sommers, who has taught composition and directed composition programs for thirty years, now teaches writing and mentors new writing teachers at Harvard s Graduate School of Education. She led Harvard s Expository Writing Program for twenty years, directing the first-year writing program and establishing Harvard s WAC program. A two-time Braddock Award winner, Sommers is well known for her research and publications on student writing. Her articles Revision Strategies of Student and Experienced Writers and Responding to Student Writing are two of the most widely read and anthologized articles in the field of composition. Her recent work involves a longitudinal study of college writing to understand the role writing plays in undergraduate education. Sommers is the lead author on Hacker handbooks, all published by Bedford/St. Martin s, and is coauthor of Fields of Reading, Ninth Edition (2010).
- Author(s)University Diana Hacker,University Nancy Sommers
- PublisherBedford Books
- Date of Publication14/08/2015
- FormatMultiple copy pack
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBedford Books
- Weight249 g
- Width122 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement7th
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.