All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $73.18Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.26Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionDark and bleak...poignant, sensitive and hopeful...humorous...and occasionally lost in time... This collection of short stories by veteran journalist and short story writer Don Hatfield offers all this and more. His coming-of-age tales have the ring of truth, his characters the sound and feel of real people as seen through the eyes of a young observer. There is the family of females who move in next door, one of whom advertises her wares by standing naked on the back porch facing the main road. There is the uncle who won a war single-handedly, at least in the eyes of his young nephew. And ather uncle who lived a wasted--or was it wonderful?--life. There is an old man running blindly through the woods unable to remember why he is running. And a lonely man reaching out...and ather who simple wants to get out. Remarkable, unforgettable people presented in stories as genuine as the land from which they sprang.
- Author BiographyDon Hatfield is a former writer, editor and publisher for newspapers in Huntington. WV and Tucson, AZ. He has published several short stories and many magazine articles. He is the author of Don Hatfield Cleans Out His Attic, a collection of his newspaper columns, published in 1986.
- Author(s)Don Hatfield
- Date of Publication27/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight177 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Illustrator(s)Chris Hatfield
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.