All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1358, over a century after its foundation in Cambridge, the college of Michaelhouse is facing a serious shortfall of funds and competition from upstarts rivals such as Zachary Hostel. Their problems are made easier by the hostility of the town's inhabitants who favour the university moving away to the Fens. This simmering tension threatens to break into violence when a well-kwn tradesman is found dead in one of the colleges. Matthew Bartholomew kws he was poisoned but cant identify the actual substance, never mind the killer. He also worries that other illnesses and deaths may have been caused by the effluent from his sister's dye works. Torn between loyalties to his kin and to his college, he fears the truth may destroy both his personal and professional life, but he kws he must use his skills as a physician to discover the truth before many more lose their lives entirely.
- Author BiographySusanna Gregory was a police officer in Leeds before taking up an academic career. She has served as an environmental consultant during seventeen field seasons in the polar regions, and has taught comparative anatomy and biological anthropology. She is the creator of the Matthew Bartholomew series of mysteries set in medieval Cambridge and the Thomas Chaloner adventures in Restoration London, and now lives in Wales with her husband, who is also a writer.
- Author(s)Susanna Gregory
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleChronicles of Matthew Bartholomew
- Series Part/Volume Number21
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight534 g
- Width145 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine35 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.18
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.57Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.