A Policy Governance Model and the Role of the Board Member: A Carver Policy Governance Guide: Ends and the Ownership by Miriam Carver, John Carver, Carver Governance Design Inc. (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.38Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $913.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCarver Policy Governance Guide 2: Ends and the Ownership helps boards distinguish between what an organization is for and what it does (ends vs. means), a basic feature of the invative Policy Governance model. This guide also discusses the concept of ownership, and offers sample ends and means policies to help board members effectively prioritize and govern.
- Author BiographyJohn Carver is internationally known as the creator of the breakthrough in board leadership called the Policy Governance model and is the best-selling author of Boards ThatMake a Difference (1990, 1997, 2006). He is co-editor (with his wife, Miriam Carver) of the bimonthly periodical Board Leadership, author of over 180 articles published in nine countries, and author or co-author of six books. For over thirty years, he has worked internationally with governing boards, his principal practice being in the United States and Canada. Dr. Carver is an editorial review board member of Corporate Governance: An International Review, adjunct professor in the University of Georgia Institute for Nonprofit Organizations, and formerly adjunct professor in York University's Schulich School of Business. Miriam Carver is a Policy Governance author and consultant. She has authored or co-authored over forty articles on the Policy Governance model and co-authored three books, including Reinventing Your Board and The Board Member's Playbook. She has worked with the boards of nonprofit, corporate, governmental, and cooperative organizations on four continents. Ms. Carver is the co-editor of the bimonthly periodical Board Leadership and, with John Carver, trains consultants in the theory and implementation of Policy Governance in the Policy Governance Academy.
- Author(s)Carver Governance Design Inc.,John Carver,Miriam Carver
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication24/04/2009
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleJ-B Carver Board Governance S.
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJossey Bass Wiley
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight82 g
- Width152 mm
- Height179 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.13New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.21New
- AU $6.50Used
- AU $31.93New
- AU $20.04New
- AU $24.96New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $58.25Trending at AU $62.59
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.