About this product
- DescriptionThis insider's view of Washington in the 1950s and 1960s, of the tumultuous presidency of Lyndon Johnson, and of the conflicts and factions of the president's staff has become a political classic since its original publication in 1972. In this reissue, Harry McPherson adds a new preface in which he reflects on changes in Washington since the Johnson era and on the lessons Bill Clinton could learn from the presidency of Lyndon Johnson.
- Author BiographyA native Texan, Harry McPherson went to Washington in 1956 as an assistant to Senate Majority Leader Johnson, serving subsequently in key posts under Presidents Kennedy and Johnson. He is now a senior partner of a Washington law firm.
- Author(s)Harry McPherson
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1994
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Note17 b&w illus.
- Weight613 g
- Width3564 mm
- Height5499 mm
- Spine738 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.