All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionObliquely autobiographical, 'A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man' relates Stephen Dedalus's emotional and intellectual journey into adulthood, as he struggles to unshackle himself from religion, politics, and the smothering conventions of Irish society. Experimental and invative in style, pioneering the stream-of-consciousness technique narrative form, Joyce's debut vel expertly encapsulates the development of individual consciousness and the role of the artist in society. The perfectintroduction to the genius of Joyce, 'A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man' is an early example of some of the author's famous narrative characteristics that would later be represented in a more developed manner in 'Ulysses' and 'Finnegans Wake'.
- Author BiographyJames Joyce was an Irish novelist and poet, considered to be one of the most influential writers in the modernist avant-garde of the early twentieth century.
- PublisherRoads Publishing
- Date of Publication20/08/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleRoads Classics
- Place of PublicationDublin
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintRoads Publishing
- Width130 mm
- Height190 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.84Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.08
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $34.27Trending at AU $40.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.