All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.06
- AU $73.92Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $45.77
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.57
About this product
- DescriptionFIVE TRANSPORTING STORIES AND FIVE UNFORGETTABLE LIVES, LINKED ACROSS CENTURIESThroughout this masterpiece of fiction, exquisitely drawn and unforgettable characters risk their bodies, hearts, and minds in pursuit of the manna of human connection. Between soldier and lover, parent and child, servant and master, and artist and muse, important pleasures and pains are born out of love, separations, and missed opportunities: Young Geoffrey Talbot meets dark-eyed Giselle in France during the Second World War. And his life veers off track forever. In a workhouse in Victorian London, Billy becomes lifelong companions with Alice as well as with ather girl. In rural France in the 1800s, orphaned Jeanne is devout and simpleminded, but still capable of making a tough decision about her affections. The brilliant twenty-first-century Italian scientist Elena Duranti collaborates on a startling discovery about human consciousness and on an equally astonishing find about her only love. Long-haired and skinny Anya is an American singer-songwriter star in the 1970s. But how real is her life of guitars, lovers, stage fight, and travel if it is, foremost, raw material for her songs?Provocative and profound, Sebastian Faulks's dazzling new vel journeys across continents and centuries t only to entertain with superb old-fashioned storytelling but to show that occasions of understanding between humans are the one thing that defines us and that those moments, however fluid, are the one thing that endures.
- Author BiographySebastian Faulks is the author of ten novels. They include the UK number one bestseller A Week in December ; Human Traces ; On Green Dolphin Street ; Charlotte Gray, which was made into a film starring Cate Blanchett; and the classic Birdsong, which has sold more than three million copies and was recently adapted for television. In 2008, he was invited to write a James Bond novel, Devil May Care, to mark the centenary of Ian Fleming. In between books he wrote and presented the four-part television series Faulks on Fiction for the BBC. He lives in London with his wife and their three children.
- Author(s)Sebastian Faulks
- PublisherPicador USA
- Date of Publication26/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPicador USA
- Weight249 g
- Width140 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.