All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis text is a comprehensive, highly readable guide to how to undertake a literature review in health and social care, tailored specifically for postgraduate study. Essential reading for all those undertaking any study at post-graduate level, the book provides clarity and a step by step approach to doing a literature review from start to finish which will enable you to: * Identify which type of review is appropriate for your study * Select the literature that you need to include in your review * Search for, appraise and analyse relevant literature * Write up your review Crucially the book explores the common features of a broad range of types of literature review, which serve different functions - including the literature review that is a pre-requisite prior to a larger empirical study, and the literature review that is a study in its own right. With real-life examples of written research and succinct summaries at the end of each chapter, A Post-Graduate's Guide to Doing a Literature Review in Health and Social Care is the ideal text for students wanting to get the very most from their study.
- Author BiographyDr. Helen Aveyard is a Senior Lecturer at Oxford Brookes University, UK. Her first book Doing a Literature Review in Health and Social Care is now a 3rd edition text and Helen is also co-author of A Beginner's Guide to Evidence Based Practice 2nd edition and A Beginner's Guide to Critical Thinking and Writing in Health and Social Care 2nd edition. Sheila Payne is a health psychologist and Emeritus Professor at the International Observatory on End of Life Care at Lancaster University, UK. She held honorary visiting chairs at Monash University, Melbourne, Australia and Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland. She was President of the European Association of Palliative Care (2011-2015) and has supervised over 40 PhD students as well as having published widely herself in academic and professional journals. Nancy Preston is a Senior Lecturer at Lancaster University, UK. Nancy completed her doctoral study at the Institute of Cancer Research, University of London, and is an experienced systematic reviewer having published a number of systematic reviews for the Cochrane Collaboration. She teaches on the doctorate programme in Health Research at Lancaster University on how to conduct a systematic review for your PhD.
- Author(s)Helen Aveyard,Nancy Preston,Sheila Payne
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2016
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Width54 mm
- Height85 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.