All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo overcome tyranny is to win freedom as a people, a nation or even Mankind. Yet to benefit fully from their liberties, each man and woman must also be free-as individuals. In regard to freedom as a nation, here is the remarkable story of how one man, the Athenian statesman Pericles, envisioned a better future for Mankind-a future free from tyranny. Thus developed a principle at the heart of modern civilization-specifically, that the individual citizen has a right to his own opinions, a right to be heard and a right to kw and participate in government. Moreover, as new tyrannies emerge to threaten those rights, here is a crucial message for our times and all times. Then again, toward the full attainment of that better future, here also is L. Ron Hubbard's personal story of how he kept his discoveries about the human mind out of the harness of a modern tyranny. And, in consequence, how individuals today can achieve a level of personal freedom never before possible.
- Author BiographyAuthor, humanitarian and Founder of Dianetics and Scientology, L. Ron Hubbard is one of the most acclaimed figures of the modern age. In a writing career spanning more than half a century, he was both a leading light of American fiction and the author of more than 35 million words of nonfiction--the single most embracive statement on the human mind and spirit, providing the only road to total spiritual freedom. To date, more than 320 million copies of his works are in circulation worldwide, in 71 languages. All told, those works comprise over 3.000 recorded lectures and some 1.084 written publications, including nineteen New York Times bestsellers. Accordingly, and in testament to the magnitude of his literary legacy, there are his four Guinness World Records: most published author, most translated author, the author with the most audiobook titles and the single most translated non-religious work. Yet the essence of L. Ron Hubbard's legacy is perhaps best expressed in his simple declaration: I like to help others and count it as my greatest pleasure in life to see a person free himself of the shadows which darken his days. These shadows look so thick to him and weigh him down so that when he finds they are shadows and that he can see through them, walk through them and be again in the sun, he is enormously delighted. And I am afraid I am just as delighted as he is.
- Author(s)L. Ron Hubbard
- PublisherBridge Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Series TitleClassic Lectures Series
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBridge Publications Inc
- Weight180 g
- Width136 mm
- Height192 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time65
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $27.06
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $39.52
- AU $11.42Trending at AU $14.09
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.35
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.47
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.33
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $36.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.