All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis wide-ranging and thought-provoking collection gathers a roster of seasoned Emerson scholars to address anew the way n-American writers and texts influenced Emerson, while also discussing the manner in which Emerson's writings influenced a diverse array of n-American authors. This volume includes new, original, and engaging research on crucial topics that have for the most part been absent from recent critical literature. While the motivations for this project will be familiar to scholars of literary studies and the history of philosophy, its topics, themes, and texts are distinctly vel. A Power to Translate the World provides a touchstone for a new generation of scholars trying to orient themselves to Emerson's ongoing relevance to global literature and philosophy.
- Author BiographyDAVID LAROCCA is visiting scholar in the Department of English at Cornell University and lecturer in the Department of Philosophy at the College at Cortland, State University of New York. RICARDO MIGUEL-ALFONSO is associate professor of American literature in the Department of Modern Philology at the University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain.
- Author(s)David LaRocca,Ricardo Miguel-Alfonso
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication16/02/2016
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDartmouth College Press
- Weight476 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.