Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $215.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $174.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Complete overview of theory, selection, design, operation, and maintenance This text offers a thorough overview of the operating characteristics, efficiencies, design features, troubleshooting, and maintenance of dynamic and positive displacement process gas compressors. The author examines a wide spectrum of compressors used in heavy process industries, with an emphasis on improving reliability and avoiding failure. Readers learn both the theory underlying compressors as well as the myriad day-to-day practical issues and challenges that chemical engineers and plant operation personnel must address. The text features:* Latest design and manufacturing details of dynamic and positive displacement process gas compressors* Examination of the full range of machines available for the heavy process industries* Thorough presentation of the arrangements, material composition, and basic laws governing the design of all important process gas compressors* Guidance on selecting optimum compressor configurations, controls, components, and auxiliaries to maximize reliability* Monitoring and performance analysis for optimal machinery condition* Systematic methods to avoid failure through the application of field-tested reliability enhancement concepts* Fluid instability and externally pressurized bearings* Reliability-driven asset management strategies for compressors* Upstream separator and filter issues The text's structure is carefully designed to build kwledge and skills by starting with key principles and then moving to more advanced material. Hundreds of photos depicting various types of compressors, components, and processes are provided throughout. Compressors often represent a multi-million dollar investment for such applications as petrochemical processing and refining, refrigeration, pipeline transport, and turbochargers and superchargers for internal combustion engines. This text enables the broad range of engineers and plant managers who work with these compressors to make the most of the investment by leading them to the best decisions for selecting, operating, upgrading, maintaining, and troubleshooting.
- Author BiographyHEINZ P. BLOCH, MS, is a Consulting Engineer. Previously, Mr. Bloch held the position of regional machinery specialist for the United States at Exxon Chemical. He has authored seventeen books and more than 330 papers and articles and conducted more than 500 technical courses on such issues as practical machinery management, failure analysis and avoidance, turbomachinery, oil mist lubrication, and practical lubrication for industrial facilities.
- Author(s)Heinz P. Bloch
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication03/10/2006
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1148 g
- Width181 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.