All listings for this product
Save on Other
- AU $19.02Trending at AU $21.54
- AU $121.00Trending at AU $127.32
- AU $34.64Trending at AU $51.29
- AU $26.02Trending at AU $28.19
- AU $17.01Trending at AU $17.87
- AU $41.57Trending at AU $44.57
- AU $35.56Trending at AU $40.87
About this product
- DescriptionAffect in Foreign Language and Second Language Learning offers high school and college/university second language teachers, or teachers-in-training, practical suggestions for creating activities that take into account learner anxieties, frustrations or discomfort in the language learning process. The objective of the book is to offer concrete instructional approaches for language learning that are rooted in second language acquisition research and, at the same time, that promote a low-anxiety classroom environment. The authors of each chapter are specialists in specific areas of language learning and their essays, composed specifically for this volume, lay the groundwork for continued research on affect in language learning. This text is part of the McGraw-Hill Second Language Professional series, edited by James F. Lee and Bill VanPatten.
- Author BiographyDolly J. Young (Ph.D., the University of Texas) is Associate Professor of Spanish in the Department of Romance Languages at the University of Tennessee. She supervises the first- and second-year Spanish programs and provides teacher training for graduate students. She has published widely in the areas of language anxiety and foreign language reading. She co-edited the first languge anxiety volume Language Anxiety: From Theory and Research to Classroom Implications, with Elaine K. Horowitz, co-wrote a supplementary Spanish reader, Esquemas, with the late Darlene F. Wolf, and co-wrote the second-year Spanish textbook 'Que te parece? with Dr. James Lee, Darlene Wolf, and Paul Chandler.
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/01/1999
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Series TitleAffect in Foreign Language and Second Language Learning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Weight492 g
- Width190 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.