A Practical Guide to Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux by Mark G. Sobell (Mixed media product, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $80.01Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $53.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI have found this book to be a very useful classroom text, as well as a great Linux resource. It teaches Linux using a ground-up approach that gives students the chance to progress with their skills and grow into the Linux world. I have often pointed to this book when asked to recommend a solid Linux reference. -Eric Hartwell, Chair, School of Information Techlogy, ITT Technical Institute The #1 Fedora and RHEL resource-a tutorial AND on-the-job reference Master Linux administration and security using GUI-based tools, the command line, and Perl scripts Set up key Internet servers, step by step, including Samba, Apache, sendmail, DNS, LDAP, FTP, and more Master All the Techniques You Need to Succeed with Fedora(t) and Red Hat(R) Enterprise Linux(R) In this book, one of the world's leading Linux experts brings together all the kwledge you need to master Fedora or Red Hat Enterprise Linux and succeed with it in the real world. Best-selling author Mark Sobell explains Linux clearly and effectively, focusing on skills you'll actually use as a user, programmer, or administrator. Now an even more versatile learning resource, this edition adds skill objectives at the beginning of each chapter. Sobell assumes prior Linux kwledge. He starts at the beginning and walks you through every topic and task that matters, using easy-to-understand examples. Step by step, you'll learn how to install and configure Linux from the accompanying DVD, navigate its graphical user interface, provide file/print sharing, configure network servers, secure Linux desktops and networks, work with the command line, administer Linux efficiently, and even automate administration with Perl scripts. Mark Sobell has taught hundreds of thousands of Linux and UNIX professionals. He kws every Linux ok and cranny-and he never forgets what it's like to be new to Linux. Whatever you want to do with Linux-w or in the future-you'll find it here. Compared with the other Linux books out there, A Practical Guide to Fedora(t) and Red Hat(R) Enterprise Linux(R), Sixth Edition, delivers *Complete, up-to-the-minute coverage of Fedora 15 and RHEL 6*State-of-the-art security techniques, including up-to-date firewall setup techniques using system-config-firewall and iptables, and a full chapter on OpenSSH (ssh)*Coverage of crucial topics such as using su and sudo, and working with the new systemd init daemon *Comprehensive coverage of the command line and key system GUI tools*More practical coverage of file sharing using Samba, NFS, and FTP*Superior coverage of automating administration with Perl*More usable, realistic coverage of Internet server configuration, including Apache (Web), sendmail, NFSv4, DNS/BIND, and LDAP, plus new coverage of IPv6*More and better coverage of system/network administration tasks, including network monitoring with Cacti*Deeper coverage of essential administration tasks-from managing users to CUPS printing, configuring LANs to building a kernel*Complete instructions on keeping Linux systems up-to-date using yum*And much more, including a 500+ term glossary and comprehensive indexes Includes DVD! Get the full version of the Fedora 15 release!
- Author BiographyMark G. Sobell is President of Sobell Associates Inc., a consulting firm that specializes in UNIX and Linux training, support, and custom software development. He has more than twenty-five years of experience working with UNIX and Linux systems and is the author of many best-selling books, including A Practical Guide to Linux(R) Commands, Editors, and Shell Programming, Second Edition, and A Practical Guide to Ubuntu Linux(R), Third Edition, both from Prentice Hall.
- Author(s)Mark G. Sobell
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication10/08/2011
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Out-of-print date20/01/2014
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1752 g
- Width189 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and DVD-ROM
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.