All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExploring the relationship between ASD and mental health difficulties, this book offers practical guidance to help parents and professionals recognise and handle co-morbid conditions, and dispels the myth that they are just a part of autism. The authors cover a wide range of common mental health problems experienced by children with ASD, including Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), anxiety, ADHD, eating disorders, psychosis, stress, tics and depression, and illustrate these issues with case studies. They also provide vital advice in an accessible format and suggest strategies to ease the difficulties which arise from these co-morbid conditions. This book is essential reading for professionals working with children on the autism spectrum and is an accessible and practical resource for parents and carers.
- Author BiographyKhalid Karim is a senior teaching fellow at the University of Leicester and a consultant child and adolescent psychiatrist. As both the lead on ASD at Leicestershire Partnership Trust CAMHS (Child and Adult Mental Health Services) and the father of a child with autism and ADHD, Khalid understands the concerns and interests of professionals in this area and of parents and carers of autistic children. Alvina Ali is a consultant child and adolescent psychiatrist with specialities including children with neuro-developmental difficulties. As the mother of a deaf son with autism, Alvina has a particular interest in mental health problems in deaf children and an understanding of the services available. Michelle O'Reilly is a Senior Lecturer in Psychology at the University of Leicester where her research covers many areas of child mental health, including ASD. Having a brother with ASD and his significant mental health problems have given her personal insight into this area.
- Author(s)Alvina Ali,Khalid Karim,Michelle O'Reilly
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/11/2013
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.20
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.