All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionPractitioners in health and social care are often required to work with clients who do t want to work with them, and these 'reluctant' clients can often be the most challenging, but most rewarding, to work with. This practical, jargon-free book covers all the issues that practitioners are likely to encounter in the course of working with reluctant clients. The emphasis is on making theory easy to use, and the book is written in an easily digestible and lively style. Topics covered include staying safe, verbal and n-verbal communication, making initial contact with a client, crisis situations, recording, and how to end work with a client. Activities to work through are included at the end of each topic and illustrations feature throughout. This is an essential book for students, practitioners, voluntary sector workers and trainers in the fields of health, social care and social work.
- Author BiographyMaggie Kindred is a retired qualified social worker and practice teacher with many years of experience. She spent several years as social worker and team manager for Westminster Social Services (as Maggie Cook) and a number of years as practice teacher and practitioner in Nottingham and Lincoln. Her particular interests lie in groupwork, communication skills and teamwork, and she has written several publications in these areas.
- Author(s)Maggie Kindred
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/10/2010
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note17 line drawings
- Weight226 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Illustrator(s)Cath Kindred
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.