All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCelebrating the American heartland as only Larry Kanfer can, A Prairie State of Mind takes readers over fields fertile and fallow and through the eternal cycle of the seasons. Walk roads melodic with birdsong and the chatter of cicadas. Look onto hillsides plowed into geometric perfection while breathtaking thunderheads boil overhead. Experience barn textures and rusted sheds pulled from the past and wind turbines signaling the future. Selected from Kanfer's new collection, A Prairie State of Mind takes readers into a landscape of serene beauty and startling contrasts. His perspectives, landscapes, and details embrace the Midwest, confirming that throughout the day and across time, the prairie connects us all.
- Author BiographyLarry Kanfer is an award-winning photographic artist whose original artwork is available through his galleries in Champaign, Illinois, and online at www.kanfer.com. His works are featured in public and private collections nationally. His previous books of photography include Prairiescapes, On Firm Ground, On Second Glance: Midwest Photographs, and, with Alaina Kanfer, Chicagoscapes, Barns of Illinois, and Illini Loyalty.
- Author(s)Larry Kanfer
- PublisherUniversity of Illinois Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2016
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Illinois Press
- Weight1134 g
- Width7459 mm
- Height6466 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.