All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA president who distances himself from stagecraft will find himself upstaged. George H. W. Bush sought to stay the course in terms of policy while distancing himself from the public relations strategies employed during the administration of Ronald Reagan, his predecessor. But Bush discovered during his one-term presidency that a strategy of policy continuity coupled with mediocre communication skills does t make for a strong public image as an effective and active leader in the White House , as author and scholar Lori Cox Han demonstrates in A Presidency Upstaged. Incorporating extensive archival research from the George Bush Presidential Library at Texas A&M University-including documents only recently available through requests made under the Freedom of Information Act-Han thoroughly examines the public presidency of George H. W. Bush. Han analyzes how communication strategies, relationships with the press, and public opinion polling shaped and defined his image as a leader. The research for this study also includes content analysis of press coverage (both print and television) and major public addresses during the Bush administration. Lori Cox Han skillfully uses archival materials, interviews and leading academic studies to present a thorough analysis of George H.W. Bush's public presidency. Her book is a valuable addition to the literature on presidential communications, media, and politics, and also stands as a very useful resource on the events of the first Bush presidency. -Mark Rozell, professor of Public Policy, George Mason University and author, Power and Prudence
- Author BiographyLORI COX HAN is a professor of political science at Chapman University in Orange, California.
- Author(s)Lori Cox Han
- PublisherTexas A & M University Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2011
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleJoseph V. Hughes Jr. and Holly O. Hughes Series on the Presidency and Leadership
- Place of PublicationCollege Station
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas A & M University Press
- Content NoteFigure. 5 tables. Bib. Index.
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.