Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.44Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGathering fourteen lectures by the pioneers of securitization and by current practitioners -- from Freddie Mac, Paine Webber, JP Morgan, Chrysler, McKinsey & Co, and other major players -- A Primer on Securitization introduces readers to America's newest system of raising capital: what it is, how it operates, and what difference securitization makes.The securitization process bypasses financial intermediaries that have historically collected deposits and loaned them to those seeking funds, and links borrowers directly to money and capital markets. Although little has been written about what is perhaps one of the most important invations to emerge in financial markets since the 1930s, securitization has revolutionized the way that the borrowing needs of consumers and businesses are met. Today, for example, over two-thirds of all home loans are being securitized, along with substantial percentages of auto loans and credit card receivables, and the process continues to expand into new fields including synthetic securities.Authoritative and practical, these lectures show how securitization was developed to fill a gap in financial markets. They discuss the nature and causes of the market imperfections that made securitization a valuable source of funds, and describe how securitization has linked local mortgage markets with international capital markets. Readers will gain a broad perspective of the different parties -- the borrower, the loan originator, the servicer, the rating agency, the special purpose vehicle, the credit enhancer, the underwriter, and the investor -- as well as a detailed analysis of how these parties relate to one ather. From the inception of the secondary mortgage market through the collapse of the Granite funds, readers will learn t only about the success but also about the excesses and failures that typically accompany the development of any product in the real or financial sector.
- Author(s)Leon Kendall
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication14/09/2000
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note25
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byLeon T. Kendall,Michael J. Fishman
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $69.17
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.10
- AU $21.24Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.39
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $22.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.