All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $26.91
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.25
- AU $11.61Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $18.60Trending at AU $25.33
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $45.08
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $38.07
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionDanny Cartwright and Spencer Craig never should have met. One evening, Danny, an East End cockney who works as a garage mechanic, takes his fiancee up to the West End to celebrate their engagement. He crosses the path of Spencer Craig, a West End barrister posed to be the youngest Queen's Counsel of his generation. A few hours later Danny is arrested for murder and later is sentenced to twenty-two years in prison, thanks to irrefutable testimony from Spencer, the prosecution's main witness. Danny spends the next few years in a high-security prison while Spencer Craig's career as a lawyer goes straight up. All the while Danny plans to escape and wreak his revenge.Thus begins Jeffrey Archer's poignant vel of deception, hatred and vengeance, in which only one of them can finally triumph while the other will spend the rest of his days in jail. But which one will triumph? This suspenseful vel takes the listener through so many twists and turns that one will guess the ending, even the most ardent of Archer's many, many fans.
- Author BiographyJeffrey Archer was educated at Oxford University. He has served five years in Britain's House of Commons, fourteen years in the House of Lords and two in Her majesty's prisons, which spawned three volumes of highly acclaimed Prison Diaries. All of his novels and short story collections including Kane and Abel, Sons of Fortune, and False Impression have been international bestsellers. Archer is married with two children and lives in London and Cambridge.Roger Allam has narrated audiobooks for numerous bestselling authors, including Jeffrey Archer, Ian McEwan, Ian Rankin, and Joseph Conrad. In reviewing Allam's narration of Jeffrey Archer's Paths of Glory, Publishers Weekly said, Veteran actor Roger Allam brings an impressive range and energy to Archer's historical novel . Allam's remarkable accents are the highlight of the audio book.
- Author(s)Jeffrey Archer
- PublisherMacMillan Audio
- Date of Publication13/03/2012
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMacMillan Audio
- Weight154 g
- Width134 mm
- Height149 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Read byRoger Allam
- Contained items statement5 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time360
- Edition Statementabridged edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.