All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProducing New and Digital Media is your guide to understanding new media, diving deep into topics such as cultural and social impacts of the web, the importance of digital literacy, and creating in an online environment. It features an introductory, hands-on approach to creating user-generated content, coding, cultivating an online brand, and storytelling in new and digital media. This book is accompanied by a companion website-designed to aid students and professors alike-that features chapter-related questions, links to resources, and lecture slides. In showing you how to navigate the world of digital media and also complete digital tasks, this book t only teaches you how to use the web, but understand why you use it. KEY FEATURES * For students- a companion site that features research resources and links for further investigation * For instructors- a companion site that features lecture slides, a sample syllabus, and an Instructor's Manual. * Features a unique approach that covers media studies aspects with production and design tutorials. * Covers up-to-date forms of communication on the web such as memes, viral videos, social media, and more pervasive types of online languages.
- Author BiographyJames (Jamie) Cohen is the program director for the Molloy College New Media Program. He was formerly the director of web and digital media at the Hofstra University School of Communication. He has been published several times on media literacy and digital curation. Thomas Kenny has co-authored both the new media minor and major at Molloy College, designing both production and studies courses. Since 2008, Tom has held the position as television studio and media facilities manager for the Communications Department at Molloy.
- Author(s)James Cohen,Thomas Kenny
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/10/2015
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note46 black & white halftones
- Weight494 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.