All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs the baby boomer generation becomes senior citizens and starts to flood into the last stage of life, a new definition and new expectations of retirement and aging are evolving. This is t your father's way of being an older adult. People today tend t to retire in a traditional way. They envision getting older as a challenge to stay active and engaged, a chance to reinvent themselves, and an opportunity to reach for new goals. However, for some, this stage of life can be difficult, bringing with it a whole range of new challenges and obstacles. Along the way, many may deal with mental health problems such as stress and anxiety, grief and depression, drug and alcohol abuse, changes in marital and other relationships, as well as elder abuse. Are you ready? How will you fill your new free time? How will you cope with the psychological changes? Let this book, on coping with the emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual issues of retirement and aging from a psychiatrist's perspective, light the way. This book will help readers deal with common issues across a broad spectrum. It offers treatment options, suggests coping skills, and even deals with spiritual and emotional challenges at the end of life. It will help you invest in relationships, redefine your marriage, and broaden your horizons. It will allow you to take charge of your life in retirement and t just let it happen to you.
- Author BiographyH Michael Zal, DO, is a psychiatrist, retired from private practice after forty-three years. He is a Clinical Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. He is board certified, a Fellow of American College of Neurology and Psychiatry and a Distinguished Life Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association. He is a lecturer, medical writer and editor on mental health topics with numerous published articles to his credit. He was the winner of the Eric W. Martin Memorial Award, presented by the American Medical Writers Association, for outstanding writing and the Frances Larson Memorial Award for excellence. Dr. Zal is also the author of Panic Disorder: The Great Pretender, The Sandwich Generation: Caught Between Growing Children and Aging Parents, and Ten Steps To Relieve Anxiety, Refocus, Relax and Enjoy Life. He is Editor-In-Chief of The Journal of the Pennsylvania Osteopathic Medical Association. He was Chairman of the Psychiatric Service at Metropolitan Hospital in Philadelphia and a member of the University Of Pennsylvania Private Practice Research Group. He was also on the staff of Charter-Fairmount Institute, Mercy Suburban Hospital and the Medical College of Pennsylvania. Dr. Zal received the Albert Einstein Healthcare Foundation Physicians' Award for Excellence and the Practitioner of the Year Award, from the Philadelphia Psychiatric Society, for outstanding character, dedication, and commitment to patient care.
- Author(s)H. Michael Zal
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/04/2016
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight553 g
- Width158 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.