All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $26.91
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $34.92
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.33
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $45.08
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $38.07
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $13.34
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $15.07
About this product
- DescriptionAs Venice experiences a debilitating heatwave, Commissario Brunetti prepares to escape the city and spend time with his family in the mountains. However, the weather is the last thing on Ispettore Vianello's mind; it seems his aunt has become obsessed with horoscopes and has been withdrawing large amounts of money from the family business. Not kwing what to do, he consults Brunetti and asks permission to ufficially trail her, which leads to the flat of Stefa Gorini. But who is this man? And why is Vianello's aunt giving him large amounts of money? A few days later, Brunetti receives a visit from a friend who works at the Commune. It seems that discrepancies have been occurring at the Tribunale involving Judge Luisa Coltellini and Araldo Fontana, an usher with a flawless track record. While having coffee with friends Sigrina Elettra soon discovers that Fontana is living in a luxurious apartment on the Misericordia. But how can an usher afford such an expensive apartment, and what is his involvement with Judge Coltellini? Brunetti asks Sigrina Elettra to investigate further but the computer system at the courthouse is down, and so Brunetti leaves with his family for their holiday. When news reaches Brunetti that the usher from the Tribunale has been murdered, in a violent attack in the courtyard of his home, he returns early to investigate. It soon becomes clear that Araldo Fontana was a good man, so why would someone want him dead? And, does Judge Coltellini have anything to do with it?
- Author BiographyDonna Leon was named by The Times as one of the 50 Greatest Crime Writers. She is an award-winning crime novelist, celebrated for the bestselling Brunetti series. Donna has lived in Venice for thirty years and previously lived in Switzerland, Saudi Arabia, Iran and China, where she worked as a teacher. Donna's books have been translated into 35 languages and have been published around the world. Her previous novels featuring Commissario Brunetti have all been highly acclaimed; including Friends in High Places, which won the CWA Macallan Silver Dagger for Fiction, Fatal Remedies, Doctored Evidence, A Sea of Troubles and Beastly Things.
- Author(s)Donna Leon
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleBrunetti
- Series Part/Volume Number19
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRandom House Audiobooks
- Weight183 g
- Width142 mm
- Height125 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Read byAndrew Sachs
- Contained items statement4 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time255
- Edition StatementAbridged edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.