All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $30.15
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
About this product
- DescriptionIt is 1953, and stately Garwood House is home to the Bennet family: Percy, his wife Florence, and their newborn son Philip. But Percy and Florence's marriage is one of convenience, t love, and when an unexpected and tragic death endangers their fragile arrangement, Florence will stop at thing to cover it up. Over twenty years later a violent and seemingly inexplicable murder threatens to unearth long-buried secrets. It is a mystery that takes Philip, his 'Aunt' Amy and the police to Naples and back, desperately seeking t just the murderer, but answers. Why was the housekeeper suddenly and unceremoniously dismissed two decades ago? Why does Florence seem to have two passports? And above all, who is the real heir to Garwood House?
- Author BiographyJosephine Bell was born Doris Bell Collier in Manchester, England. Between 1910 and 1916 she studied at Godolphin School, then trained at Newnham College, Cambridge until 1919. At the University College Hospital in London she was granted M.R.C.S. and L.R.C.P. in 1922, and a M.B. B.S. in 1924. Bell was also a prolific author, writing forty-three novels and numerous uncollected short stories during a forty-five year period. Many of her short stories appeared in the London Evening Standard. Using her pen name she wrote numerous detective novels beginning in 1936, and she was well-known for her medical mysteries. Her early books featured the fictional character Dr. David Wintringham who worked at Research Hospital in London as a junior assistant physician. She helped found the Crime Writers' Association in 1953 and served as chair during 1959-60.
- Author(s)Josephine Bell
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication05/04/2012
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Bello
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight277 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Interest Age16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.