Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis exciting legal thriller features Karen B. Clark, who finished law school at Harvard only three years ago but is already a stereotypical burned-out lawyer. Weary of life in New York City, bored by the work at her Wall Street law firm, and fed up with her two-timing boyfriend, Karen impulsively takes off for a lawyers' convention in Chicago. There she meets ather young woman named Karen B. Clark, whom Karen calls K.B. K.B. has just finished law school and is about to begin her legal career in the small town of Walden, Wisconsin, where a law firm has hired her, sight unseen. When both Karen and K.B. are injured in separate mishaps, Karen awakens in a hospital, where she's been identified as K.B. After learning that the real K.B. is dead, Karen decides to seize the moment and turn her life around. She'll take K.B.'s place and try life as a small-town lawyer. In Walden, Karen relishes her new existence and begins a sizzling romance, but she soon uncovers terrible secrets that lead her to fear for her life.
- Author BiographySusan Alexander, a graduate of Harvard Law School, has worked as a lawyer in the public interest, along with serving as a federal judge's law clerk, an arbitrator, a law professor, and a consultant on legal writing. She's also worked at three Chicago law firms. Susan now focuses primarily on writing. Her writing has appeared in a wide array of publications, including the San Francisco Chronicle, the Chicago Tribune, the Chicago Sun-Times, the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, the San Francisco Daily Journal, the Los Angeles Daily Journal, the Baltimore Sun, the New York Daily News, the ABA Journal, and a host of other professional and mainstream publications. Susan was the first editor of The Almanac of the Federal Judiciary, and her short story Neglect was a winner in Chicago Lawyer magazine's first annual fiction competition. In addition to writing A Quicker Blood, Susan is the author of Jealous Mistress, a suspense-filled mystery set on Chicago's North Shore. She lives in San Francisco.
- Author(s)Susan Alexander
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication16/04/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $56.46
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.77
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.14
- AU $12.11Trending at AU $19.07
- AU $59.85Trending at AU $63.64
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $20.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.