All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCountless fans of Christian fiction like you were thrilled when Janette Oke released her new series, A PRAIRIE LEGACY. Readers have been rewarded with a touching exploration of the feelings and thoughts of young Virginia Simpson as she grows to be a woman. With A Quiet Strength, bestselling author Janette Oke continues Virginia's tale with a heartwarming, romantic vel that mothers and daughters everywhere will love. Virginia Simpson has learned that grandma Marty was right to insist that when God allows something to be taken from you, he replaces it with something better. The return of Jonathan, their renewed courtship, and the upcoming wedding are all shining examples of that. Still though, the trials and disappointments of Virginia's life weigh heavily on her and the inner strength that has continued to build in her is far from completion. The first test of her new resolve comes soon after her marriage. Waiting for their house to be completed, the couple has choice but to live with Jonathan's grandmother. Although Virginia loves the woman, she struggles with having to share her new husband's time. When the house is completed, even greater obstacles arise, challenging both the couple's fledgling love as well as Virginia's inner peace. But like gold refined, Virginia will emerge as a woman of character and godliness.
- Author BiographyJanette Oke (pronounced oak ) pioneered inspirational fiction and is the leading author in the category today. Love Comes Softly, her first novel, has sold over one million copies. Janette is now the bestselling author of over 70 books, 32 of which have been translated into fourteen languages. Her books have sold over 22 million copies. Janette receives fan mail from all over the world and answers each letter personally. She received the 1992 President's Award from the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association for her significant contribution to Christian fiction, the 1999 CBA Life Impact Award and has been awarded the Gold Medallion Award for fiction. Janette and her husband, Edward, have four grown children and enjoy their many grandchildren. They make their home in Canada.
- Author(s)Janette Oke
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitlePrairie Legacy
- Series Part/Volume NumberBook 3
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBethany House Publishers, a division of Baker Publishing Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition StatementRepackaged ed.
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.