Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionSociophonetics is a sub-branch of phonetics that has attracted a great deal of attention recently. Advances in speech science and techlogical simulations allow increasingly sophisticated studies of language contact and change. Particularly at the level of pronunciation, these studies show that language variety is robust and socially embedded. Although the book assumes some kwledge of basic acoustics and variationist studies, the general introduction provides a review of practices in the field, including those of collection, analysis, and interpretation.
- Author BiographyDennis R. Preston, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA; Nancy Niedzielski, Rice University, Houston, Texas, USA.
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- Series TitleTrends in Linguistics. Studies and Monographs [TILSM]
- Series Part/Volume Number219
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMouton de Gruyter
- Content Note88 black & white illustrations, 90 black & white tables, 88 schw.-w. Abb., 90 schw.-w. Tab.
- Weight641 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byDennis Richard Preston,Nancy A. Niedzielski
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.