All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA tool that allows stdents of biblical Greek to read the writings of early church fathersThe apostolic fathers (late first century to mid second century) are early and important links to apostolic Christianity, although there is vigorous debate regarding their connection with the rmative teachings of the primitive church. This new reference work, designed to be used alongside Michael Holmes's third edition of the Apostolic Fathers (Baker, 2007) makes these vital writings more accessible by providing students with contextually sensitive glosses of words that occur fewer than thirty times in the New Testament These definitions are presented in the order in which they occur in the texts, along with the frequency of the word in the book, to facilitate a seamless reading process. Thus, students of New Testament Greek will be able to more comfortably expand their studies to read the works of Clement of Rome, Ignatius of Antioch, the Shepherd of Hermas, Polycarp of Smyrna, Papias, and others. This work will spur many students of the New Testament to explore the writings of the apostolic fathers and wrestle with their content, theology, praxis, use of the New Testament, and devotion to the risen Lord.
- PublisherKregel Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication24/02/2014
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKregel Publications,U.S.
- Weight608 g
- Width178 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byBrittany Burnette,Terri Darby Moore
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.