Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionSometimes a story becomes the best way to see and learn something new. Here lies the purpose of Mark Torrell's story. What if you found yourself in a place of pain or suffering, or alone and guilt-ridden? Would you be prone to pursue God, or to be angry with Him? What if in a time of despair you prayed and prayed, and yet answers seemed to be on the horizon? What would be your conclusion or response? Mark finds the weight of all of these questions upon him, because they were more than just questions. And they just happen to culminate on him in one place at one time. Fear, an immediate crisis, and a haunting past set the stage. What Mark doesn't expect is the arrival of a new friend who is willing to help, at an unexpected time and in an unusual manner. During this unique friendship Mark is given five lessons that are meant to radically change his view of prayer, his cries of desperation, and his relationship with his God. This may have been the last thing that Mark expected at Mountainview Hospital, but it definitely wasn't the only surprise. Find out what Mark learned about prayer that changed his perspective and his direction of faith. His story may even hit close to home.
- Author BiographyI am continually amazed at the providential hand of God in our lives, in His Church, and in all of creation. When looking over my shoulder at His dealings in my own life, I can clearly see some of the spiritual milestones that have marked my growth in Christ. Often, these milestones have been initiated, or fueled, by certain books that I have read. I write with the goal that one of my books will make an impact on someone's relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. My pastoral background ranges from Presbyterian to Pentecostal, Baptist to Non-Denominational. I believe that this diverse background has given me an understanding of various theological camps within the Body of Christ. My wide Ecclesiological (that's a mouth full) background has helped mold my personal theology and bring me into the camp of the Reformers. I hold a Master of Arts in Religion, from California Graduate School of Theology, and a Master of Business Administration, from Virginia Commonwealth University School of Business. Currently my wife and I are enjoying being empty-nesters in beautiful Virginia.
- Author(s)Jeff Beard
- Date of Publication28/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.