All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionA Republic of Linen is Patrick Brandon's first collection. Whether they tell of rising late and reluctantly from a warm bed, or revisit the deceptive simplicity of childhood, or take us wandering around a cold dissecting lab, these poems are about watching and waiting. With an eye for the detail and tilt of daily life, Brandon guides us from bedroom to studio, through the distorted terrain that lies between what we covet and what we get. Mostly his poems are about love.
- Author BiographyPatrick Brandon was born in London in 1965. He studied painting at Norwich School of Art, and has exhibited regularly in the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition. In 2003 he was shortlisted for the Jerwood Drawing Prize. A recipient of a New Writing Ventures bursary in 2006, he won the Essex Poetry Prize in 2005, and received commendations in the Wigtown Poetry Prize 2005. A Republic of Linen (Bloodaxe Books, 2009) is his first book of poems. He lives in London with his partner and two young children.
- Author(s)Patrick Brandon
- PublisherBloodaxe Books Ltd
- Date of Publication10/06/2009
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationTyne and Wear
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloodaxe Books Ltd
- Weight91 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.