Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionUnlike traditional music, film music sources are often difficult to locate and do t follow the patterns that researchers are trained to identify. Although there have been several self-described introductions to the field and articles that summarize the problems and state of research, there is resource that gathers together all of the basic information that is vital to film music research. In this volume, Jeannie Gayle Pool and H. Stephen Wright address the difficulties scholars encounter when conducting research on film and television music. Intended as a guide for scholars and researchers in navigating the complex world of film and television music, this book provides a detailed taxomy of film music primary sources and explains how to find and interpret them. The authors tackle the problems of determining film score authorship and working with recordings of film music. A bibliographic essay summarizes the major works and trends in film music research and provides clear pointers to the most important resources in the field. An up-to-date guide to important collections of film music sources and other research materials is also included. Designed to clarify the nature of film music source materials and how they are generated, A Research Guide to Film and Television Music in the United States provides clear signposts for scholars and identifies opportunities for further research.
- Author BiographyJeannie Gayle Pool Ph.D. is a musicologist, composer, documentary filmmaker, and producer. She is a consultant for Paramount Pictures Motion Picture Music Department and the author of Peggy Gilbert & Her All-Girl Band (2008) and American Composer Zenobia Powell Perry (2009), both published by Scarecrow Press. H. Stephen Wright is a librarian at Northern Illinois University. He is the author of numerous articles and books on film music, including Film Music at the Piano (Scarecrow, 2003).
- Author(s)H. Stephen Wright,Jeannie Gayle Pool
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication28/12/2010
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width162 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Foreword byLeonard Maltin
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.