Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionA Restatement of the English Law of Contract is the second Restatement of English law undertaken by Andrew Burrows following on the success of A Restatement of the English Law of Unjust Enrichment (OUP, 2012). Designed to enhance the accessibility of the common law the Restatement comprises a number of clear succinct rules, fully explained by a supporting commentary, which set out the general law of contract in England and Wales. Written by one of the leading authorities in this area, in collaboration with an advisory group of senior judges, academics, and legal practitioners, the Restatement offers a vel and powerfully persuasive statement of the law in this central area of English law. All lawyers dealing with the English law of contract, whether as practitioners, judges, academics, or law students, cant but benefit from this Restatement. The English law of contract is one of the most respected systems of contract law in the world and by the device of a 'choice of law' clause is often chosen by foreign commercial parties as the applicable law to govern their contract. One of the aims of the Restatement is for the reader, including those from civil law jurisdictions, to see quickly and easily how the different elements of the English law of contract fit together.
- Author BiographyAndrew Burrows, MA, DCL, LLM (Harvard), QC (Hon), FBA, Barrister and Honorary Bencher of Middle Temple, is Professor of the Law of England at the University of Oxford and a Fellow of All Souls College. He sits as a Recorder and is a door tenant at Fountain Court Chambers. Between 1994 and 1999 he served as a Law Commissioner for England and Wales. He is currently President of the Society of Legal Scholars.
- Author(s)Hon. Andrew Burrows
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication11/02/2016
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight642 g
- Width169 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.