All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionIn A Reunion to Die For, author Lauren Carr continues to follow Joshua Thornton while he brings justice to the small West Virginia town of his youth that he returned to with his five children after the death of his wife. Chester is a quaint, but far from quiet, town. Here, everyone kws everyone and nearly everyone has a secret. Some are dying, while others are killing to keep their secrets undercover. As a naive teenager, Joshua Thornton had reason to question the authorities who had concluded that his dear friend Tricia Wheeler, after breaking up with her boyfriend, had committed suicide. However, 21 years later, as Hancock County's Prosecuting Attorney, Joshua is forced to examine the closed case when former schoolmate and current adversary, Gail Reylds, returns to town to pen an investigative book on Tricia's murder. Joshua reluctantly agrees that the pieces of Tricia's suicide don't add up, and an investigation is warranted. When Grace Henderson, ather seemingly incent teenage girl, is murdered by a close gun shot to the chest, it is impossible for Joshua to igre the similarities the girls and their deaths share. Surely the murders of two teenage cheerleaders 21 years apart couldn't be any more than coincidental... could they? As the investigations into the two deaths unfold, Joshua finds more questions than answers, more enemies than friends, and more victims than clues. Thornton must use every ounce of his integrity, ingenuity, and tight circle of close friends while he scrambles to solve the two murders that has nearly everyone around him becoming either suspect or victim... including himself!
- Author BiographyLauren Carr fell in love with mysteries when her mother read Perry Mason to her at bedtime. The first installment in the Joshua Thornton mysteries, A Small Case of Murder was a finalist for the Independent Publisher Book Award. Lauren Carr is the best-selling author of the Mac Faraday Mysteries, which takes place in Deep Creek Lake, Maryland. Twelve to Murder is the seventh installment in the Mac Faraday Mystery series. In addition to her series set on Deep Creek Lake, Lauren Carr has also written the Lovers in Crime Mysteries, which features prosecutor Joshua Thornton with homicide detective Cameron Gates, who were introduced in Shades of Murder, the third book in the Mac Faraday Mysteries. They also make an appearance in The Lady Who Cried Murder. Dead on Ice (A Lovers in Crime Mystery) (featuring Joshua Thornton from Carr's first series) was released September 2012. The second installment, Real Murder will be out in 2014. The owner of Acorn Book Services, Lauren is also a publishing manager, consultant, editor, cover and layout designer, and marketing agent for independent authors. This year, several books, over a variety of genre, written by independent authors will be released through the management of Acorn Book Services, which is currently accepting submissions. Visit Acorn Book Services website for more information. Lauren is a popular speaker who has made appearances at schools, youth groups, and on author panels at conventions. She also passes on what she has learned in her years of writing and publishing by conducting workshops and teaching in community education classes. She lives with her husband, son, and three dogs on a mountain in Harpers Ferry, WV.
- Author(s)Lauren Carr
- Date of Publication26/04/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.