Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionMany Gulf War veterans have reported an array of physical and mental health complaints since the war and the question on everyone's mind is Can we identify a cause or is this a coincidence? To complement efforts by the Defense Department and other federal agencies in their attempt to understand the full range of health implications of service in that conflict, RAND undertook a major study to summarize the scientific literature on the kwn health effects of given exposures to such risk factors as oil well fires, chemical and biological warfare agents, depleted uranium pesticides, pyridostigmine bromide, immunizations, infectious diseases, and stress. In this landmark book series the authors report on their literature review summarize what is kwn about the range of actual exposures in the Gulf, and assess the plausibility of the risk factor at hand as a cause of illness. The authors caution that more research on health effects and exposures remains to be completed before definitive statements can be made and make recommendations for additional research.
- Author(s)William S. Augerson
- Date of Publication01/01/1999
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleThe Gulf War series
- Place of PublicationSanta Monica, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.