All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA look at how the crisis facing Americans in the new milennium is the result of historic forces which have concentrated power in the hands of the few. Democracy in America is being subverted by the rise of a plutocracy, in which Washington insiders play special interest politics to get their piece of the pie. In the process, they sell out Main Street to bail out Wall Street. How can government by the people be restored in America? A nearly forgotten proposed amendment to the U.S. Constitution, a gift handed down by the Founders in the after-glow of the American Revolution, offers a simple way to dilute the concentration of power in Washington and make the government responsive to the will of the people. This book is a call to action for Americans willing to rise to the challenge of winning the American Revolution.
- Author BiographyBorn in Tennessee, Roger K. Rutledge spent his early years in Appalachia before moving with his family to northern Virginia and New Jersey. His interest in politics and government developed during his years as an undergradute at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill. Upon attaining a Bachelor of Arts degree with honors in history, he served two years as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Nepal. He then entered the United States Foreign Service, serving in Washington and Italy. Law school followed, and he earned a Juris Doctor degree cum laude from the American University in Washington, D.C. His career in the private practice of law in Memphis, Tennessee spans thirty-five years, during which he has handled a variety of civil matters. He has actively participated in numerous political campaigns for various candidates on the State and national level and takes an interest in public affairs.
- Author(s)Roger K Rutledge
- Date of Publication05/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.