A Right Result?: Advocacy, Justice and Empowerment by Rick Henderson, Mike Pochin (Book, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.36Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.48+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is true advocacy? How can advocacy be evaluated? Should there be practice standards in advocacy? As advocacy moves into the mainstream of health and social care provision, and the prospect of a legal right to advocacy inches closer, so the need to scrutinise key values and practices in advocacy becomes urgent. Although advocacy is widely acclaimed as a good thing , there is little agreement as to how it should be implemented, funded or evaluated. A right result? : reviews the range of third party advocacy provision and practice in the UK; addresses key issues facing the contemporary advocacy movement, such as the need for independence, developing quality standards and security of funding; suggests viable ways forward; and moves beyond the partisan tendency to champion one kind of advocacy to offer an inclusive account of different styles. Through this inclusive approach, the book offers a comprehensive analysis of the benefits of advocacy. A right result? is aimed at anyone with an interest in advocacy and the rights of disempowered people, particularly individuals and agencies with a stake in the promotion and development of advocacy services and schemes in the UK.
- Author BiographyRick Henderson is currently Project Director of Advocacy Across London. Previously Rick has been instrumental in the development of a number of citizen advocacy and self-advocacy schemes in Kent and London. He has an MA in the Management of Community Care. Mike Pochin has been one of the coordinators of Dorset Advocacy sine 1993. Previously a citizen advocate, he has also worked as a trainer and evaluator with advocacy schemes.
- Author(s)Mike Pochin,Rick Henderson
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication21/09/2001
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Content Note7tabs.
- Weight278 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.43New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.09New
- AU $6.50Used
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $23.80New
- AU $11.17Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.17New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $58.25Trending at AU $62.59
- AU $100.99Trending at AU $118.99
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.