Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJune 1981. A young girl is on the run after assaulting a teacher. An Italian 'businessman' and his bodyguards are killed in a violent shoot-out. Meanwhile DI Mick Fletcher is surprised to be invited to a society wedding only to find out it's a cover for Special Branch to send him to Barrow-in-Furness - the 'longest cul-de-sac in the world'. A new submarine is to be launched there on the 1st of July and undercover contacts have got wind that a terrorist attack is planned. Fletcher insists on taking newly promoted DS Irene Garner along for the ride - but neither of them is ready for the mayhem that spirals out of their control as the day of the launch approaches. Too many players in a never-ending game of blind man's bluff which reaches an unexpected and shocking conclusion. This suspense thriller was originally written for and performed by a teenage cast in 1998 at Parkview School in Barrow-in-Furness under the title 'A Frost of Cares'. The teenage characters and their stories are woven into this longer, murkier and less forgiving world of adult secrets and lies.
- Author BiographyRick Lee was born in North Yorkshire in 1948, went to study History in London in the late 60's, but spent most of his time going to Jimi Hendrix and Cream concerts, whilst squatting in a series of elegant but condemned Edwardian mansions. He became a drama teacher in 1974 and later studied for a MEd in Education through Drama with Dorothy Heathcote. He worked in a variety of secondary schools, colleges, special needs departments and residential homes - including a 4 year spell as Senior Advisory Teacher with Leicestershire LEA - after which he returned up north to be a Head of an Expressive Arts Department in Barrow-in-Furness, followed by 5 years working for the Barrow Educational Action Zone and as an education consultant. As well as classroom drama, he was also writing and directing plays with students including several successful Edinburgh Fringe productions. He has an MA in Writing Studies from Lancaster University and written many short stories and has already published two volumes of poems. http://www.erbacce-press.com/#/rick-lee/4539371131. His involvement in outdoor education, taking city kids into the wilds of Snowdonia, the Lake District and the mountains and islands of Scotland, have provided the backdrop for his London cop's adventures. He moved to France in 2006 to enjoy retirement - although serious bouts of DIY and gardening have kept him busy! He began writing the Mick Fletcher suspense thrillers two years ago and has not been able to stop since!
- Author(s)Rick Lee
- Publisher2QT Limited (Publishing)
- Date of Publication24/11/2012
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationCarnforth
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Imprint2QT Limited (Publishing)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight364 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.18
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.