A Rising Son in the Land of Nine Dragons: A Eurasian Boy's Coming of Age During Hong Kong's Lost Era of the '50s and '60s by Anthony G Tebbutt (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.57Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $9.95+ AU $3.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by army_of_nerds
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTony Tebbutt's creative storytelling in his breakthrough book, is a melange of his wild and mischievous real-life experiences flavored with a dash of fiction, that takes you on a roller-coaster ride of the unique way of life that was Hong Kong in the '50s and '60s. He recounts a truly amazing litany of teenage experiences that would be foreign to most t having the opportunity to enjoy the appetizing delights of the British Colony bordering China. We get a look at how it felt to be a local born of mixed heritage passing back and forth between Oriental and Occidental cultures during a great period in the Colony's history. We are told of life as a student in a multi-cultural high school called KGV. Tebbutt opens up his inner-self to expose his emotions, joy and personal frailties as he recounts his life lessons with personal achievement, education, women and moral values. Through it all he is able to find humor in his faults and share the exuberance of his successes. An easy read and an absolute must if you enjoy good stories, coming of age or have a connection to old Hong Kong.
- Author BiographyAnthony Tebbutt was born in Hong Kong and completed high school at King George Vth in the British colony. He briefly studied at the University of Western Australia before achieving his Bachelor's degree at Santa Clara University and MBA at Stanford, both located in the beautiful San Francisco Bay area. With a career that spanned over 30 years in the prescription drug industry, his assignments took him to Canada, England, California and ultimately to Atlanta, Georgia where he had a highly successful track record as the President of the US affiliate of a European multi-national. Married to Karen for 38 years with a son, Jason and daughter, Heather, Tony is now retired and living in the beautiful mountains of N. Georgia where he enjoys his favorite pastimes of writing, golf, pool and poker. His two King Charles Cavaliers Max and Cooper would be dismayed if they were not mentioned in this bio.
- Author(s)Anthony G Tebbutt
- Date of Publication30/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.