All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFew books have captured the haunting world of music and rivers and of the sport they provide as well as A River Never Sleeps. Roderick L. Haig-Brown writes of fishing t just as a sport, but also as an art. He kws moving water and the life within it--its subtlest mysteries and perpetual delights. He is a man who kws fish lore as few people ever will, and the legends and history of a great sport. Month by month, he takes you from river to river, down at last to the saltwater and the sea: in January, searching for the steelhead in the dark, cold water; in May, fishing for bright, sea-run cutthroats; and on to the chilly days of October and the majestic run of spawning salmon. All the great joy of angling is here: the thrill of fishing during a thunderstorm, the sight of a river in freshet or a river calm and hushed, the suspense of a skillful campaign to capture some half-glimpsed trout or salmon of extraordinary size, and the excitement of playing and landing a momentous fish. A River Never Sleeps is one of the enduring classics of angling. It will provide a rich reading experience for all who love fishing or rivers. Skyhorse Publishing is proud to publish a broad range of books for fishermen. Our books for anglers include titles that focus on fly fishing, bait fishing, fly-casting, spin casting, deep sea fishing, and surf fishing. Our books offer both practical advice on tackle, techniques, kts, and more, as well as lyrical prose on fishing for bass, trout, salmon, crappie, baitfish, catfish, and more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyRoderick L. Haig-Brown (1908--1976) was a conservationist and well-known Canadian writer. He was born in England and found his way to British Columbia as a youth. He spent much of his life fishing rivers around the world and writing about his experiences, and in 1953 he received an honorary Doctor of Laws (LLD) from the University of British Columbia. He is also the author of Fisherman's Fall, Fisherman's Spring, Fisherman's Summer, and Fisherman's Winter. He is now deceased.
- Author(s)Roderick Langmere Haig-Brown
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication20/11/2014
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Note24 B&W illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Illustrator(s)Louis Darling
- Introduction byNick Lyons
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.