Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $30.86Free postage
- AU $32.04Free postage
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionA Rose in Bloom is a contemporary Nigerian cum African Tale. It is more than just an ordinary love story as it also catalogues the cultures and trials of a modern day Nigerian society. It narrates the life a young lady on coming of age but in spite of the modernity of times, age old beliefs and tradition nearly derail all her wedding plans. Life in the city and the rural areas are unraveled as the struggle between traditional tenets and western influences is traced in the life of Nkiru Ubaka, the heroine of the story. She was born of middle class parents and had the presumed good life. On coming of age like a rose in bloom, Nkiru attracted many suitors which initiated a struggle. With that settled and Nkiru w engaged and ready to tie the kt but for ather family secret to surface and derail all the well laid out plans. The story showcases a dichotomy of ideas: it is as political as it is moral, as modern as it is traditional and as exotic as it is familiar. It ruffles the feathers of Politics, Religion and Tradition in the African context.
- Author BiographyEjine Okoroafor-Ezediaro is a medical doctor and debut novelist. She hails from Oguta, Nigeria. She initially attended University of Port Harcourt from where she obtained a B.Sc. in Physics before proceeding to Ukraine on scholarship to study Medicine. She relocated to the United Kingdom where she resided and practiced medicine until 2005 when she left for the USA to join her spouse. From childhood, Ejine had always exhibited a flair for writing prose and poetry albeit immersed in the Sciences. She was only able to pursue this gift diligently when she found herself in the position of a stay at home housewife while she sat for the United States Medical Licensing Exams. This had led to some of her poems being published in the anthology Twilight Musings and Songs of Honor as well as other sites on the internet. She is presently working on the sequel to A Rose in Bloom, soon to be published anthology of her poems, children's book as well as other books.
- Author(s)Ejine Okoroafor-Ezediaro
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication21/09/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight442 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.