Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionA Rough-Shooting Dog is the compelling account of a man and his best friend--an English springer spaniel named Jenny. The author chronicles the training and first hunting season of his beloved canine friend and hunting companion, taking the reader into the field in pursuit of woodcock, pheasant, and grouse--ting that the two are a team and must work closely together in order to be successful hunters. Fergus discusses the roughshoots: cattail slough, beaver pond, alder jungle, and old orchards--all the while teaching the reader a little about life.It is a book about the dramas, joys, and frustrations of hunting with a dog--and a reflection about land, wildlife, and the ways in which these facets of the natural world can be experienced fully through upland bird hunting. A Rough-Shooting Dog won't disappoint.
- Author BiographyCharles Fergus has published sixteen books and numerous articles in magazines and newspapers. He lives in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont with his wife, Nancy Marie Brown, who is also a professional freelance writer, along with two Icelandic horses and a pair of hunting dogs: a springer spaniel named Caillie and a wicked young English cocker named Havoc. Joe Fornelli, whose superb illustrations grace this book, is one of America's leading sporting artists. He lives in Illinois.
- Author(s)Charles Fergus
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication09/11/2006
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationGuilford
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Lyons Press
- Content Noteb&w illustrations
- Weight25 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Illustrator(s)Joe Fornelli
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.